Blantyre Climate & Temperature
- Blantyre, Malawi is at 15°40'S, 34°58'E, 766 m (2513 ft). See map.
- Blantyre has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Blantyre is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 22.4 degrees Celsius (72.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 7 °C (12.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 834 mm (32.8 inches) which is equivalent to 834 Litres/m² (20.46 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2640 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Blantyre you would come out nearest to the climate station at Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii where you would find a Tropical wet climate (Subtropical dry forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Blantyre, Malawi Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: